Contraline, Inc. is an early-stage medical device company that is developing a novel long-lasting, non-hormonal, reversible male contraceptive.
Contraline is seeking to hire a Research Scientist to support all activities across Research & Development. An ability to handle a diverse workload across the Company with some direction is key for this role. We seek individuals with a positive attitude and ability to adapt to a very dynamic environment. This role is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of R&D.
• Performing chemical and mechanical characterization of polymer hydrogels
• Developing protocols on new techniques and translating protocols to standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Performing R&D experiments to accomplish set milestones and preparing data and reports for laboratory meetings, publications, and patents
• Supporting engineering design and development
• Assisting with laboratory planning, procurement, and staff training
• Maintaining highest level of standards in safety and documentation
• Minimum of B.S. degree. Preferred majors include: biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, biology, chemistry, or biochemistry.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a research or laboratory setting.
• Previous experience working with biomaterials, hydrogels, or tissue engineering is highly desired.
• Interested in medical device development
• Excellent professional communication and organizational skills
• Exceptional multi-tasker with the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment while maintaining vigilant attention to details
• Works well in small, cross-functional teams